Saturday, December 09, 2006

ROCKIN' front and center at Green Apple Books, San Francisco


Green Apple Books has become THE independent bookstore in San Francisco for many of us in rock & roll--all thanks to one of the owners, Kevin Hunsanger. Kevin more than supports the arts, he puts authors and rockers in front of the public by creating events combining new book releases and the hottest music.

Kevin and I kinda ran out of time to create an event this Holiday season, mostly because of my commitment to the Petersen Museum event on Dec. 17th in Los Angeles, but he and I will be collaborating on a gearheads-and-rockers event at Thee Parkside club in February. More on that in the New Year.

When I was doing the KFOG morning show last week, I took special care to note, on air, that ROCKIN' was front and center at Green Apple. Here's Kevin, proving once again he's a totally stand-up kinda fella, great friend, rocker to the core, and a great bookseller in the hundred year tradition of great Bay Area booksellers (Lawrence Ferlinghetti, Fred Cody, and Moe Moskowitz are just three luminaries that immediately come to mind).

1 comment:

About Health Blog said...

When I was doing the KFOG morning show last week, I took special care to note, on air, that ROCKIN' was front and center at Green Apple.