Wednesday, November 22, 2006

ROCKIN' the ABC radio network



Yesterday I spent a totally wonderful HOUR at KGO radio in SF, taping a nationwide broadcast on the ABC radio network. I'm not quite sure when it will air, likely at the tail end of November.

The interviewer was Lucy Tauss, and she was inspired. Great questions, and I was able to stretch out just a little bit, which isn't always possible on radio. The experience reminded me of the interview I did on NPR/All Things Considered when ART OF MODERN ROCK was published in the Fall of '04. The best radio is when you get DOWN, when you tell stories. And ROCKIN' is of course full of great stories.

To be a good interviewer, you have to be a good listener. I thing one of the reasons why ROCKIN' resonates is that there're good ruminations throughout, which I set up and handled to the very best of my ability, just like Lucy did for me.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. The next day, if you haven't already . . . check out ROCKIN' at your local bookstore.

1 comment:

Medical Blog said...

To be a good interviewer, you have to be a good listener.