Sunday, November 05, 2006

ROCKIN' a BIG HIT at SEMA Convention, Las Vegas




ROCKIN' cover artist Darrell Mayabb and I traveled to the SEMA Convention in Las Vegas last week to autograph copies of the book. SEMA (Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association)is one of the two largest conventions at Vegas--it draws upwards of 100,000 people.

I have to say, I was hugely proud that SEMA's magazine--the show issue!!--featured three pages on ROCKIN' (see cover).

Darrell and I must have signed several hundred copies over three days. People from all over the automotive industry saw the feature piece and saw the book in the hands of legends like Carroll Shelby and Don Garlits (pictured here with Darrell). It was neat to hear Garlits talk about the book, about his page, about his photo with Shirley Muldowney (in context with the L7 song "Shirley") and about how unusual the photo actually was, since it showed Shirley's dragster with a plexi canopy top (which she rarely employed, as it made her feel claustrophobic). Garlits has a museum in Ocala, Florida, and is anxious to get the book featured there.

I was on Bob Long's national Motor Trend Radio show not once, but twice. I don't think I got any sleep at all, I was so excited by the positive reaction to the book.

5 comments:

About Health Blog said...

I was on Bob Long's national Motor
Trend Radio show not once, but twice.

yanmaneee said...

retro jordans
pg 4
supreme
yeezy boost 380
yeezy 350
birkin bag
yeezy boost 350
jordan sneakers
lebron 15 shoes
supreme clothing

Unknown said...

check over hereVisit Website Homepagevisit this page click to read morevisit our website

Unknown said...

this contentlearn this here now see hereview it navigate hereGet More Information

feashason said...

find more info q8o82n6v50 7a replica bags wholesale replica bags nancy r6n22k9k23 replica bags in dubai my review here x5m17f5g80 replica bags south africa replica bags prada replica hermes bags s2e96s7z39 replica bags reddit