Thursday, November 16, 2006

ROCKIN on the Tonight Show stage with car guy Jay Leno


This afternoon Jay Leno--who apparently knew all about ROCKIN' and was very anxious to see it--finally got his copy . . . directly from me! We both look pretty pleased, standing there on The Tonight Show stage.

Ace publicist Bob Merlis put the two of us together, helped by a number of people on Jay's staff. What was very touching was that Leno must have come up to me and thanked me at least four times, following the taping of the show. I get the feeling he's gonna like the book, and tell a lot of friends about it. He's one of the all-time car guys, with a fantastic fleet of his own and two hanger-size buildings to house 'em, near the Burbank airport.

Kinda reminds me again of the Englewood, NJ Public Library bookplate, "Books are friends." Sure are! You rock, Jay.

1 comment:

About Health Blog said...

Ace publicist Bob Merlis put the two of us together, helped by a number of people on Jay's staff.