Sunday, January 14, 2007

one ROCKIN' Saturday . . . on talkshow radio in MN and MA; at the Hall-of-Fame luncheon; and the SF Rod, Custom & Motorcycle Show


great day in the morning! and afternoon! and evening too!

4:30 am Pacific - on the air live with the Midwest legend himself, Charlie Boone, at WCCO Minneapolis.

11:00 am at the Embassy Suites in South San Francisco, speaking (with Powerpoint slides) at the San Francisco Rod, Custom, and Motorcycle Show's Hall-of-Fame luncheon, before some 200 honored guests.

2:00 pm inside the show itself, at the DuPont "Hot Hues" booth, where I met hundreds of great gearheads and signed and sold more than 50 books.

11:30 pm back home, going live on Boston's WBZ, hosted by Jordan Rich, for more than an hour, reaching 38 states in the wee, wee hours (with tons of phone-ins!).

Here's one photo which summed it all up. Stan "Mac" McLintock, the SFRC&MS's Security Manager, suddenly appeared in front of me at the DuPont display, smiled broadly and said, "Lemme lay down some Jackson's, I'm here for my book." It was that kinda day.

More tomorrow (after I get back from my second day at the show).

No comments: